Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Another Great Weekend!

Why is it that we feel compelled to fill up our free time with activity after activity? We kept the kids home this weekend, and Eric and I had no obligations, so we just focused on our FAMILY! It was GREAT! We played board games, cleaned the house together, cooked together, ATE TOGETHER AT THE TABLE (we are so busy, we almost never have all four of us sitting and eating together!) I am resolving to have MANY more weekends like this. Now, I know Eric is getting into his busy season, but that does not mean that when we ARE all home we can't focus on each other. I have no idea why this is such a revelation to me, but I certainly feel enlightened!

I think the highlight of the weekend was when we taught the kids to play Hearts. I am a huge fan of Hearts, but I was afraid it would be too complicated for them to grasp. We need to work with Carteron his strategy, but Alex ROCKED IT! She was all over it, although she did apologize every time she passed on points. It was hilarious!

We also taught the kids how to play Mancala, which is an African game that my Nonnie taught me when I was little. I spent so many hours playing Mancala with her...we had so much fun! (She also taught me Gin...just try to take me on!) Anyway, you can imagine my joy when Alex and Carter declared Mancala to be their new favorite game (THE BAST GAME EVER! in Carter's words.) It just makes you feel so good to relive your fondest memories and make new ones with your children at the same time.

WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' TV!!!!!

The laundry is done, the house is clean...I need to round up foursome!

No comments: