Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Knew I Would Get a Taste of My Own Medicine!

Fearing my daughter's adolescent years and hormones, I haven't pondered the depths of emotion that can apparently be reached by a six-year old. Yesterday, Alex cried HYSTERICALLY all the way to school, from the car and to her classroom. Why? I told her to wear her coat. (It was only 48 degrees. Is this an unreasonable request?)

This morning, the histrionics began again when:

- she had to get up and get out of bed

- the outfit she wanted to wear was not clean

- she had to brush her teeth

- she had to put her homework folder in her backpack

My question is this:

If these roller-coaster emotions are surfacing now, will she skip all that when she is, say 11?
* OR *
Is this just a foreshadowing of things to come?

Maybe I should wait until AFTER she gets home from my Mom's house for Spring Break to post this....

No comments: