Sunday, March 9, 2008

What the Heck Is That?

Alex and Carter have been relegated to the closed in Patio for their art projects. Anyone who has ever been around any child equipped with scissors, glue, glitter and markers can appreciate the wisdom of our 'policy' (mentally patting myself on the back). ANYWAY, I went out there the other day and saw that Alex had hung up a series of drawings on the wall.
Picture in your mind:
page 1 - a small triangle
page 2 - a larger triangle
page 3 - a big triangle with what looked like feet

(here is a aside - one of our friends was disturbed by what seemed to be a walking triangle and asked me to get Alex to clarify her illustration)

So, the next morning, I asked Alex to tell me about her pictures. She looked at me (as usual) as if it were a pity that good did not give me the gift of discernment and informed me that it was a baby triangle that grew bigger and bigger until it became a bell.

Wow

This child is so creative it is scary!

This is why we want her in a special program!

No comments: