Friday, November 11, 2011

Loved Beyond Expectation!

Well, today marks about a month since the accident. I have now been in the hospital four weeks! And what an adventure it has been! 4 surgeries down, a couple more to go (maybe just one more :-) ) 3 different rooms and two trips to ICU.  I have met the most amazing doctors, nurses, cleaning staff...everyone here at Hendrick has been so kind to me. Nurses from other areas of the hospital that I have stayed in even come to check on me! That kind of treatment is above and beyond my expectations FOR SURE!

But I think what has touched me the most is the devotion to prayer that my friends, family, co-workers,and even people I don't know have shown. I receive calls, messages, visits and cards daily from so many people who are continuously praying for me. It touches me and comforts me in a way I would never have expected. People I haven't seen in years have reached out to me, and I rest assured that every petition is being heard. I am getting stronger every day as I wait patiently for my next round of surgery. I can get out of bed again almost on my own (I still need help not getting tangled in all the wires and drains attached to me.) I am back to walking around and sitting in a chair. AND...today I start therapy on my hand! I am excited and a little nervous about that. I know it won't be without its painful moments, but I also know it will be worth it to get my fingers moving again! I still have a long road ahead of me...a few more weeks in the hospital and lots of hard work in rehab once I go home, but I refuse to get caught up in the length of time all this will require. Focusing on each day as it comes is so much better. Don't get me wrong....I am anxious to get home and be with my family, and I don't want to spend one second longer in this plastic bed than required. But when I go home, I want to GO HOME! Not end up right back in bed because of some crazy complication.

So please, please keep the prayers coming! They are instrumental in my progress. Any expectations I ever held regarding people helping me has been blown out of the water. I feel loved, loved, loved, and that is the greatest feeling I have ever known!

No comments: